We had a meeting with our content mentor, Patrick, and another teacher, Marisol, a couple weeks ago. I talked more about the story while Anja talked about the art style. We presented two packets, one for each story, that included the original story, the script, the thumbnails, and any other supplemental sketches. After the presentation we talked about what happens next.
They were both very impressed with the amount of work we had put in already. Patrick requested that we come up with a more fleshed out dummy copy so that he could flip through that rather than read through the script or story, as well as an art sample so that we know how the overall comic will look like.
But the biggest decision that arose from the meeting was the fact that we didn’t have enough time to work on two stories at once, especially for a rookie duo like us. Patrick urged us to choose one, and so it is with a heavy heart that I announce “Getting Where I Need to Be” as shelved.
Now, that’s not to say that “Getting” won’t ever be made into a printed copy. Just not anytime soon, depending on our respective schedules. In the meeting, Patrick said that it would be better to focus on “The Girl Who Ran” because it would really stretch our abilities in trying to convey our messages through imagery and expression, rather than captions and dialogue.
With that being said, we got to work. Anja’s currently working on the dummy copy and getting that ready for Patrick. Progress is being made! More updates to come soon.